ENTRY FOR PRELIMINARY ROUND CLOSING IN
"In the inaugural BERNINA Innovation Prize, conceptualize a project based on the theme ZERO.
The number ‘0’ can be interpreted in different ways – a closed loop, a full circle, starting from zero, resetting. ZERO is neither negative nor positive. It means nothing, nada, zilch, but it also indicates a potential for something new."
The winning team or individual will receive a cash prize of $1000, and an opportunity for a physical showcase of the final project at BERNINA at Funan at the end of 2022
ELIGIBILITY OF PARTICIPANTS
All current students (as of May 1st 2022) of Polytechnics based in Singapore, regardless of department and course of study. Students may participate as individuals or teams of up to 3 members. Teams may consist of students from different schools.
Registration and Preliminary Round deliverables
- Students are to interpret the brief and propose ideas for an object, expressed in the form of 2D illustrations/ visualizations and a project description of no more than 150 words.
- All content should be submitted within 1 A4 presentation board, saved as a PDF file, with a maximum file size of 10MB. Do not indicate your name within this presentation.
- Indicate your name in the file name in the following format: LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.pdf. If you are submitting as a team, select 1 representative to be the contact person.
- Register and submit your entry in this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1h-vGtwjf8qWd9AeZPqkt4PWTYwk-wyZMwqrYwi__8mk/edit?usp=sharing
- Each entrant may only submit one entry, whether as an individual or as a team.
- Deadline for preliminary round: 1 August 2022, 23:59. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
3 teams or individuals will be selected to enter the mentorship round, where they receive mentorship from advisors at BERNINA Funan to materialize their ideas, and complete the final physical prototype, using BERNINA sewing machines.
The schedule for mentorship sessions is flexible, and will be coordinated between each participant and BERNINA.
Final Round Deliverables
Up to 3 A4 sized presentation boards, including photographs of the finished piece, and a project description of no more than 150 words.
- Participants are encouraged to use diverse materials, which are machine-sewable. For example, textiles, plastics, paper, leather, thin aluminum and copper sheets.
- Feasibility of proposals: can the idea be made and sewn?
- Creativity and innovation in concept.
- Potential to sell
- Creative use of BERNINA machines and accessories (for final round judging)
Assistant Vice President (Retail & Workspace) CapitaLand
Dr Lim Jui
Ms Katharina Ueltschi
Managing Director, BERNINA (Singapore)